British Columbia Canadian International School (BCCIS) has a history of recruiting excellent and competent teachers who are very committed and passionate about their profession. We are determined to continue with this tradition as we move forward in ‘growing’ our school. We encourage teacher candidates to fully research the B.C. Ministry of Education Teacher Regulation Branch for information about teaching certification for B.C. Offshore School such as ours.
Advantages of Teaching at BCCIS
- teaching motivated English speaking students using the B.C. curriculum
- being supported through professional development and mentoring by B.C. certified administration, staff and offshore consultant
- experiencing the adventure and excitement of traveling to Egypt and the Mediterranean and learning about the geography, culture, language, recreation and education of the region
- participating in ‘authentic’ experiences in a foreign country that will last a lifetime
- meeting vibrant new people as a part of the BCCIS staff and learning about the 'way of life’ in the community in which you live
- becoming a team member in a professional learning community that emphasizes team and cooperative planning
- gaining valuable teaching skills and experience in an innovative education setting with excellent resources and facilities
- acquiring recognition of B.C. teaching experience
- being part of a school that has a history of excellence in achievement on B.C. Provincial Exams and excellent achievement reports from the B.C. Ministry of Education
- being recognized with a good benefit package and salary in U.S. funds
- being able to share your Canadian values and experiences with people in other parts of the world!